home advisor home leads advisor service business phone money people contractors

Homeadvisor - Leads Review

We’re sorry to hear you had this experience. We do our best to ensure quality leads. It looks like you haven't had an account with us for some time but if you need any assistance or would like to speak with a rep about your concerns please don’t hesitate to contact emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Bad quality

leads no filtered many fake and cost me time money and frustration. i am 33 years in the business. they change the name but same skam for contractors.

Big Business Ripping Off The Working Class!! | Homeadvisor review

We’re sorry to hear you had this experience as we do our best to ensure quality leads. It looks like you’ve already spoken to a rep regarding your account but if you need further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Not as described/ advertised
Price reduction

Total waste of time and money. The system is completely set up to charge companies for junk leads.

If you don't manage your leads with expertise from the very beginning they will have a charge ready and waiting. I tried to cancel and they begged me to stay on. Gave me three leads for free, that led to no call backs! After that they turn my leads on without ever contacting me.

Charged me $180.00 after I told them to turn my leads off. No call....they only call to keep you on the hook. Common problem with this service. 50% of the leads are junk leads with no intention of doing any work.

Home advisor doesn't care. They take the money and run. No risk on their part, all the reward for doing ***. I Guess Adam Carolla was too much of a *** to cut it as a carpenter so he figured out a way to rip them off.

His comedy sucks and so did his show.

How long did that last....? Well i'm sure he's getting paid very well now by a *** bag company.

Homeadvisor - Leads Review

We’re sorry to hear your understanding of our business was misleading. It appears you have been in touch with a representative however if you need further assistance you can reach us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Problems with payment

I signed up for $370. Was expscting that if I was sent a lead i could take it or leave it, then pay for each lead that we where interested in taking.

Not the case!! Unknowingly they where sending me dozens of leads a day at my expense whether i wanted or not! Charging my credit card on file at sign up and maxed my card out to$2000! And now are threatining to send to collections if we do not pay $1500.

Additional fees!!!!!!!

Did not follow up on one lead after maybe 3 calls to numbers they sent me because answer machines where alwayz filled from sending potential customers to alot if other contractors!!! I am sick!!

Homeadvisor - Leads Review from Ottawa, Ontario

Unfortunately, if someone didn’t answer their phone it doesn’t mean they were a bad lead. It looks like you already spoke with a rep regarding your account, however if you need more assistance you can reach us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Homeadvisor Leads

I own R.T Roofing Company in Texas. We have been scammed by Homeadvisor by the sending us leads at 75 dollars per lead about 15 back to back that never panned out!

We tried multiple times to contact the leads with absolutely no success whatsoever!! Fake phone numbers and address. They took the money out of our company account even though we never even spoke to the leads that were dent to us becouse nobody ever answers the phone. The ones that did answer already had the work done prior to us getting the information from Homeadvisor and you guessed it!!!

We were still charged for the lead anyways!!!

Well we have document everything and are on the brink of a lawsuit with them...just a couple more shady leads to document. Than BAM!

Homeadvisor - Leads Review from Spring, Texas

We’re sorry you had this experience with a pro from our network. If you reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com we are happy to help.
Homeadvisor Leads

R.T.Roofing. We used them and the ripped us off for over 2900 in bogus leads!!! Be aware!

RUN!! DO NOT USE EVER!! | Homeadvisor review from Phelps, New York

We’re sorry you cancelled your service with us. We do our best to ensure quality leads and it’s unfortunate you had a different experience. If you wish to speak with someone, please contact us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Homeadvisor Leads
Cons
  • False leads
  • Company policies
Pricing issue
Price reduction

Kept getting sent "leads" that were people who were not homeowners, not ready to buy, completely un-vetted. Basically anyone can click on the home advisor website and misrepresent themselves; you'll still be charged per each so-called "lead."

Even if the person never calls you back or changes their mind, you'll still be charged for it. I had to speak to no less than five reps to get my account cancelled and threaten them with the state attorney general after disputing their non-itemized billing.

I was told I was going to be sent to collections if I didn't send the amount for the bogus leads.

Do not take any CSR's word for it that you are cancelled or that fees/billing will be waived. AT LEAST two reps told me that my fees would be waived and that my account would be cancelled. NOT.

Just RUN don't walk away. You WILL be ripped off!!

I ended up being blackmailed into paying so that they wouldn't ding my credit report. I am sending a letter to the state attorney general to let that agency know of their shady business practices.

Pros reviews are bogus | Homeadvisor review

We’re sorry to hear you had a poor experience. If you need assistance finding pros in the future, you can contact us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Review
#932011 Review #932011 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality
2.9

HomeAdvisor is just a lead generation company. I regret choosing them to find a home remodeling contractor since their Pros Reviews do not reflect the level of services provided.

The contractor that we chose had a 4.99 rating but their behavior and tactics did not represent a high level of professionalism or courtesy. Perhaps the nature of this industry is that contractors are not polished or overbooked but I will be staying away from this site and rely on non-profit reviews.

Please be careful when you choose a profit driven site like HomeAdvisor that sells leads to several contractors. The other contractor that was referred by HomeAdvisor was also less than impressive.

Homeadvisor's reply to:

Criminal type sent as contractor by HomeAdvisor

HomeAdvisor does not accept any 5 star reviews as Angie’s List does. We pre-screen all pros prior to entering our network and then for any review to post the pro had to have completed work. If you need further clarification please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution
  • Misleading policy
  • Home Advisers
  • ripp off

A contractor with fraud charges although dismissed later was sent to me.

That guy took the 1000 deposit and never did the work.

When I wanted to cancel he said my case will hold in the court. He used scare tactics to get first $1000 deposit. Home advisor does not check for 5 star review. anyone can write 5 star review, they validate only when 3 star review is there.

Beware of homeadvisor as this is not a reliable site.

Angies list is much reliable company. The people who can't stay on Angies list try to use home advisor.

All type Builders | Homeadvisor review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

It appears you have a unclear idea of how our business works. We pre-screen every contractor who enters our network as well as send out leads as soon as we receive them. Unfortunately it appears our business didn't work well for you. If you need assistance please contact emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
  • False leads they charge for
  • Never show up for work or call
  • Rudeness of customer service
Poor customer service
  • misleading shopify information
  • unauthorized charge
  • scamming customers
  • fraud collection

They are scammers / they sell the leads to multiples contractors ( license or not) you call your lead as soon as you get it and the potential customer said he has hired someone already. You get them to stop your leads / as soon as they come back on / its 7AM on a Saturday are you telling me a customer is looking for a contractor at that time?

I used a credit card rather than a debit card just to give me a way out in case it turned out to be a SCAM!, which it is.

Contractors; do yourself a favor: STAY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDS!!!Spend your advertising money elsewhere; like a newspaper ad, flyers, yellowpages.

Homeadvisor's reply to:

HOME ADVISOR IS A RIP OFF, DONOT LET THEM TAKE YOUR MONEY | Homeadvisor review from Austin, Texas

Thanks for working with us to find a solution to this problem. If you need any further help you can reach us at emailus@homeadvisor.com.
Homeadvisor Leads
Cons
  • Totally rip off
  • False sales pitch
they misrepresented themselves
Full refund
  • Poor workmanship
  • Bad Company Policies
1.4

If your going to use Home Advisor my advice to you is don't but if you must only use them for one month. It's gambling!

You will get a lot of leads that first month but after that they will simply lie and lie and continue to lie saying they are sending you live leads. They are CROOKS!!! They save any decent leads they get for the new sign on customers so they keep throwing their money away. Which is exactly what we did.

They took us for no less than 15k and we were screamed at, hung up on, we were told to please quit calling by the supposed lead customer on the other end of the phone but like any gambler we kept going back thinking we would have that first month back.This company has mastered legal thievery.

We are praying we survive what this company did to us. Please consider yourself warned.