HomeAdvisor Reviews

Show reviews that mention
home advisor home advisor service leads money phone business credit people
Filter review

Scam scam scam

Hi John, We're sorry to hear this, we're always happy to address any account and billing concerns. To speak with a rep, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HASupport
ID
#1197261 Review #1197261 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Homeadvisor Membership
Problems with payment

I was ripped off by HA for over 1500.00 on bogus leads and membership fees.TOTAL AMERICAN GREED!!!!

Rip off

Hi Ruben, We're sorry to hear about your concerns, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Your account has been placed on a hold as we require the proper owner to be listed on the account. We have forwarded your concerns to the proper channels, a rep will be reaching out to assist you. If there is any further assistance we can provide in the meantime please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
ID
#1196043 Review #1196043 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Not as described/ advertised

I signed with them to help my company and still havent gotten any leads i contacted them and they did'nt even have the rite owner ,I was a john smith as owner of my company called them and complained because my already existing customer's that they can leave feed back on my company but they could'nt even find me

Worthless leads you WILL pay forHome Advisor sends you leads

Hi Randy, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. We're here to help, please see our response to your Consumer Affairs complaint for further information and resources. -HASupport
ID
#1193698 Review #1193698 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Poor customer service

Home Advisor sends you leads which you pay for. Then you contact the lead based on the information (phone number/email) you are given.

When you call the phone numbers you are given and the person answers your call and says they never requested your service or called home advisor you have to ask for a refund from home advisor.

They refuse to give you a credit for providing USELESS information and their excuse is “we don’t have the resources to verify all the information we pass on to you” and “that’s the cost of doing business “. Wow what a great way to screw honest business owners out of money!!!

Absolutely Horrible

Hi Rosemary, We're sorry to hear you had this experience with a pro, we're here to help. We have forwarded your concerns to the proper channels, a rep will reach out to assist you shortly. We take our screening process very seriously and you can find more information about that process here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. If there is any further assistance we can offer in the meantime, please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
ID
#1192650 Review #1192650 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Reason of review
Check cashed by contractor,services never rendered
Full refund

Work was never done in spite of many phone calls and text messages. I hired him to do leaf removal and the snow removal .Contract was paid in full upon agreement, no work was preformed.

I also put my trust in Home Advisor to carefully screen and recommend this individual and they have also been a bad choice I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHO AT HOME ADVISORS IS RESPONSIBLE FOR SCREENING THESE CONTRACTORS. I AM NOW OUT OF $600 BECAUSE HE WAS A SCAM!!!!!!! NOT EVEN THE DEPARTMENT OF CONSUMER AFFAIRS COULD FIND HIM!!!

I AM SO ANGRY AT HOME ADVISORS FOR A REFERRAL FOR THIS INDIVIDUAL THAT I THOUGHT WAS LEGITIMATE. Maybe HOME ADVISORS CAN REFUND ME MY MONEY SINCE THIS NIGHTMARE ALL BEGAN WITH THEM!!!!!!

HomeAdvisor's reply to:

Charged my account after I had cancelled my membership

Hi Huley,

We're sorry to hear about your concerns, it appears you have been able to resolve this matter with a rep. If there is any further assistance we can offer please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com or the resources you've been provided.

HASupport
ID
#1191574 Review #1191574 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Homeadvisor Membership
Pros
  • What i was told when i signed up for this service
Cons
  • Cost of leads and fake leads that was sent to me
Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy
Full refund

My credit card was charged automatic even after I didn't request that my service be renewed, They were no help in stopping my payment to them or to cancel the service I am not using making me think they are just a big rip off to the consumer. After talking to a service rep. from Homeadvisor I was sure they were not going to help me get my money back so I have contacted my bank and I think they will be a great help in disputing this charge and getting a refund, I would suggest any person wanting to get customers and starting a business look at another party to work with any you will have a lot better results than homeadvisor provides and a lot less fake calls and cost for leads

Home advisor scam

Hi Alexander, We're sorry to hear this, requests will only be received if leads are turned on. You can manage your lead flow through the mobile app, Pro Page, or by calling Customer Care at 877-947-3639. We're happy to look into your concerns, please send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out.

Problems with payment

My account is on standby and still I get charged home advisors are thieves charging my account up while I set it up to be dormant

Homeadvisor - Tried Their Services Review

Hi Kevin, We're sorry to hear about your experience. You are able to manage your lead flow from the mobile app, Pro Page, or by giving us a call. If you have billing questions, you can also view your itemized statement from your Pro Page by using the "View My Statement" option under the Account tab. We appreciate your concerns and have forwarded them to the proper channels, a rep will reach out to assist you shortly. If there is assistance we can offer in the meantime please reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
Problems with payment

Oh dumb *** named Meredith calls me being all nice talking about if I sign up right now I'll be in a special deal offer it won't be $800 it'll be 287 and it's a one-time charge she called me for 3 months every week I finally signed up I did one job which was a *** lead I felt bad even charging $100 bill just to make it worth my time you try to shut your leaves off they automatically turn back on for you followed by 10 leads that have no details on them and they charge you for every single one of them I found out one lead that said $17 they charge me $150 they drain my account and two days and they're still trying to get me to pay another $500 I tried to get my refund today from everything they stole from me all I got was a sorry and they can set me up on a payment plan to finish paying the rest I even got laughed at by a *** guy named Alex which is supposedly a manager and then have the audacity to send me an email right after I cussed him out and hung up that said how would you rate your call with Alex the biggest scam I've ever *** dealt with I trusted and believed it straight up because it's all over the TV the radio I listen to Adam Carolla podcast which I no longer like at all because of this *** all I can say is there *** this can't keep happening I don't understand how this is even legal people are going to allow this to go on I'm going to put it in with my *** self

HomeAdvisor's reply to:

Not sure this isn't a scam for the pros

Hi Cheryl, We're sorry to hear you had anything but success with our service, we do our best to provide you with tools and opportunities to help you sell your business. While we are not able to issue a credit for every situation, there are multiple that we can and we're always happy to discuss strategies to see the most success with your account. We're here to help, to speak with a rep please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out. -HA
Homeadvisor Leads
Pros
  • Originally liked the exposure for advertising
Cons
  • Charge way too much for something that i did not get
Reason of review
I didn't get what I paid for
Full refund

I've had the unfortunate experience of being a "pro" on Homeadvisor. I repeatedly have gotten "leads" that go nowhere...the "lead" doesn't answer the phone.

When you are a small business and you pay a yearly fee to be on the Homeadvisor site, and then you pay almost $40 for a "lead" that won't answer the phone, then it isn't worth it. I know that Homeadvisor is making a killing by sending the "lead" to numerous other pros. There have been several "leads" answer the phone and they are shocked that they are even getting a phone call. People don't understand that Homeadvisor is sending their contact info out to a bunch of contractors.

They think they can put the information in and that a bunch of quotes will pop up. Homeadvisor needs to made their service understandable and clear. I received a lead from someone wanting their "room" cleaned. When I called it, a young girl answered and then two other adults answered and said that the person wasn't home.

Since they were all talking at one time, I couldn't understand and so I said "are you saying that she isn't home?" And they just hung up. Homeadvisor will not refund my money for that nor for the many others that just don't answer the phone. How do I know that they aren't just making these people up?

They don't give you the phone numbers of the customers, you have to dial a special number and code to reach the client so we have no way of knowing if this is a legitimate client. All I know is that I've paid through the nose for little to nothing in return!

HomeAdvisor's reply to:

Leads I can't contact and don't want service

Hello, We're sorry to hear this. A homeowner has to submit a service request in order for you to receive it as a lead. Among a number of other situations, leads for work that does not match the lead type are eligible for a credit. We're always happy to address any lead concerns and discuss strategies to help you see the most success with your account. To speak with a rep, please feel free to call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you. -HASupport
Homeadvisor Painting And Staining Leads
Not as described/ advertised

I was sent two leads for $66.00 each. The first one I can't contact after multiple tried.

I found out that this lead contacted Angieslist for painting,not home advisor. The second lead after many tries I did talk to someone. They had no idea who I was and why I was calling. I have no problem being charged for leads if I have a chance to sell myself to the customers.

I also was charged for larger job leads for little half day jobs I asked for credit and was not given. They also charged me $60.00 for a service that u didn't want. It was free the first month and at that time I said I didn't want that service.

I have had success with them doing two jobs but the $1000.00 Iam in the hole from bad leads that they charge me for iam bearly breaking even. Don't let them rio you off.

Change your credit card

Hello, We're sorry to hear you feel this way about our business, we are not a scam. We're happy to address any concerns you have about your account, please send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and a rep will reach out to assist you.

ID

My advice to any contractor who is using HomeAdvisor, change your credit card number, contact your bank and let them know that this is a scam.

HomeAdvisor's reply to:

Complaint regarding one of there contractors.

Hello, We're sorry to hear about your experience. We're happy to have a rep reach out to assist you, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will follow up. –HASupport
ID

Did not speak with anyone after several attempts, the computer would not connect the call. PS; Corporate has become to dependent on technology eliminating human interaction. Thanks for your consideration!!

Problem with Home Advisor website

Hi Larry, We're sorry to hear you had this experience, we encourage our pros to respond to requests as quickly as possible. We're concerned there could be some confusion. We're unable to offer a timeframe on a followup and, as they are a competitor of ours, we do not send your information to Porch. Regardless, we would be more than happy to help you connect with other pros. You are always welcome to submit another request here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/ or browse local pros here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/c.html. We are also happy to have a project advisor reach out and help you connect with pros if you send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
Bad quality

We need a home repair project done. Home Advisor offers to have 3 contractors contact you within 24 hours.

Over 72 hours later we are still waiting (I am not counting weekends) After a couple days "Porch" contacted us to see how our project was going! I told them we had not received any phone calls (nor emails) That was the last I heard from Porch. I consider this false advertising.

I realize this is a free service but it looks like they are more interested in getting your email address, so they can advertise to you, than in helping you out. This has been a very frustrating experience.

Not happy with Home Advisor

Hi Modesto, We're sorry to hear about your concerns. While we require that you provide customer references when you sign up, the successful collection of their reviews is not a requirement for you to be approved on our network. Among other things, our screening process consists of financial and criminal background checks, please find more information about the screening you went through here: https://www.homeadvisor.com/screening/. Per your request to stop calls, we have placed a pause on your leads that will last 90 days unless you specify otherwise through Customer Care or your Pro Page. We have forwarded your concerns to the proper channels and a rep will reach out to assist you shortly. If there is additional assistance we can offer in the meantime, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or send info to emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
ID
Cons
  • Experience so far
  • Charge for unwanted leads
Poor customer service
Full refund

I am writing this to voice my upsetting experience with Home Advisor. After not receiving a e mail response from your home office and phone visits from your customer service reps, we will try pissedconsumer.

Recently I was high pressured to joint Home Advisor. During that time I explained to [ Tom] that I was a single person company on part time retirement. He told me he needed to check me out and I supplied him with customer`s names and if good Home Advisor would accept me. I was accepted.

I contacted my customers and learned they were not contacted. So how was I checked out? Also if I jointed it would start mid January. Apparently this did not happen.

I have been charged a lot of money and have not done a single call on your referral. I went to your web site and it had many disappointing reviews. In all my years I have always distanced my self from poor reviews. I talked to to a [Tim] on 1/3/2018 and he promised to forward my message to the front office.

And that I would be credited my monies.

If I do not hear from you consider me out of Home Advisor. Please stop the calls until you hear from me.

HomeAdvisor's reply to:

Fake leads, wrong numbers, complete garbage

Hello, We're sorry to hear you've had anything but success with our service, we are not a scam. A homeowner has to submit a service request in order for you to receive it as a lead and non-working or incorrect phone numbers are both eligible for credit. We're more than happy to place you on our Do Not Call list, please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can locate you on our side and do so.

Bad quality

This company is a joke. I actually tried them twice only because they promised that they worked out their issues with bad leads.

They didn't and they still continue to call me and try to push their "we have too many customers in you area and not enough service providers" line. You can call a lead back the moment you get it and either the number is not a correct number or it goes to a voicemail and you never get a person on the phone.

I would not be surprised if they just plug random numbers and fake addresses in your leads. In my 14 year sof business all of these types of companies are scams and Angies List is even worse!

Lousy leads

Hello, We're sorry to hear you aren’t having success with our service, as we do our best to provide you with tools and opportunities to help you sell your business. Once you have signed up, our Customer Care department is there to address any questions or concerns you have about your account. If there is any further assistance we can offer, please call Customer Care at 877-947-3639 or reach out to emailus@hoemadvisor.com. -HASupport
ID

As a contractor, you'll spin thousands to get nothing in return. The vast majority of leads are garbage. Do your research before signing up.