home advisor home leads advisor service business phone money people contractors

Biggest Rip off for a business to join | Homeadvisor review

Waste of time and money! Program is no explained thoroughly. Leads are worthless. All they want is to charge your credit card on file and can't give you a good enough reason for charging it.
Review
Cons
  • False leads and no refunds
  • Customer care and the poor service they provided
  • Falsely misresprsented themselves
Full refund

An atempt to rip me off | Homeadvisor review from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Requested quotes on a new Roof on a 1250 square foot house. I don't remember the company and the agent would not leave written quote. He quoted me over $20,000.00 Then talked to his office and came down 10% if they could use my name at other appointments. The company claimed to be local but their home office was not here in Milwaukee but in Illinois. I found a local contractor who did the work himself for $4,500.00. I was offended and believe they thought that they were dealing with an 80 year old man who could be taken advantage of. Be careful ,Home Advisor seems to be loose on their checking the reputation of who they give your name to.
Pricing issue
  • Be Aware

Scam Homeadvisor

I was NOT told I pay for leads sent to me. When I signed up, I was told I only pay for leads that I call. Customer service basically told me to go pound sand, no refunds or credit for these uncalled leads! I purposely didn't call certain leads because HomeAdvisor sent so many to me.
#1682034

Dude... it says in the voice recording at closing and I quote "you will be billed for every lead we send to you.

Do you agree with these charges? Press 1 to continue." You were told and you agreed bro

Homeadvisor Leads
Cons
  • Dishonest scamming contractors
  • Unsolicited leads
  • Dishonesty and cheating all around with this service
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund

Harrassment!!!!!! | Homeadvisor review from Cincinnati, Ohio

they will never stop callimg from different numbers, told them they were worse than cockroaches and he laughed and later they called me again
Review
#1492002 Review #1492002 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Homeadvisor Customer Care
Cons
  • Being misled
  • Unqualified leads
harrassment
quit *** calling me

There should be a class action lawsuit against this company | Homeadvisor review

I'm a home inspection and they call me constantly to try to get me to pay for their service. After looking them up online I discovered that their services are next to worthless at best and a scam at worst. If you make the mistake of speaking to one of their representatives they refuse to take no for an answer and become hostile if you refuse to sign up for their service. I have repeatedly asked them to stop calling me, yet they still continue to harass me with annoying phone calls at least once or twice per week which appears to be further evidence of a company with a poor quality service that is purely attempting to scam unsuspecting, honest and hard-working people into buying their ***
Homeadvisor Customer Care

Scam - pyramid scheme level! | Homeadvisor review

Home advisor is running a referal pyramid scheme. They sell the same "product" (leads) to innumerable clients (contractors). They know exactly what they are doing and give their clients the run around when they complain. Home advisor commercials are aired over the radio constantly - luring trusting people... but I've seen them for the rats they are from the get go. Why is this scam operation still in business? The proprietors should be locked up! Wake up everyone!!!

Owner Operator | Homeadvisor review

Home Advisor is a rip off company. I had signed up all last year and yes I did happen to get some good leads but the leads that had nothing to do with the service I provide they did not want to credit my account and charged roughly $30 per bogus lead. Then in the winter when things were slow I signed up for pressure washing houses, patios etc. and come out find out other companies that were signed up with Home was at the same jobs I were trying to get and in bidding wars. Or people that were searching and then changed there mind and wanted to wait till spring or all set already had someone to perform the work. Home Advisor wouldn't credit anything on my account. Again there are a rip off and not willing to work with small companies and if you don't pay them then they send you to collections. So if you are thinking on using Home Advisor think twice.
Homeadvisor Construction Leads
Cons
  • There pricing

*** poor customer service | Homeadvisor review

Hello, We're sorry to hear about your experience. We're happy to hear your feedback and address any concerns you might have. Please send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com so we can reach out or you can give us a call at 877-699-4736. -HASupport
Review
Cons
  • Suck
  • Nasty woman from home advisor on the phone
  • What they pulled
Reason of review
The people at home advisor are terrible.
Preferred solution
Learn to listen to your customers
  • Be Aware

I contacted Home Advisors to let them know that I was not comfortable with the way business was being conducted. When I made my phone call I talked to a sales person or someone who sends out contractors for estimates.

He immediately started running down a scripted response to me hoping to just get me off the phone. Then he said I will be glad to send you over to customer service where this female began reading a script about how they cannot tell the contractors what to do. "All we do is advertise for them and have nothing to do with the jobs they perform" Nasty woman. When I asked her to be quiet long enough to hear me out she became hostile.

I told her that although Home Advisors only advertise for private contractors their name is still on the line. She kept taking over me and I told her to remember that when they end up on CBS or 60 minutes because the business is shady.

I am warning every consumer to be careful because this company does not care who they send to you as long as they don't have a criminal background and have a license. It's sad that no one wants to be accountable for anything.

Rudiculous | Homeadvisor review

Hello, We're sorry to hear this was your experience; we encourage our pros to respond to requests as quickly as possible. We're glad to hear you were able to get your project completed. We're here to help and happy to address any concerns you have with your experience. To speak to a rep, please give us a call at 877-699-4736 or you can send your contact info to emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will reach out. -HASupport
Homeadvisor Snow Removal Leads
Poor customer service

I called 3 businesses for snow removal service. Suffice it to say, one of the neighborhood kids shoveled for but several days AFTER the snow had melted, the businesses called.

Like I said, rudiculous. At least this time I got a response which is the first time anyone has ever returned a call.

Resolved

Resolved: Did not received my $50 Check | Homeadvisor review

Hi Deborah, We're sorry to hear you've had this experience. We're happy to look into this further and verify we're sending your check to the correct location. We've forwarded your concerns to the proper channels and a rep will be following up to assist you. If there's any additional assistance we can offer in the meantime please feel free to reach out to us at emailus@homeadvisor.com. -HASupport
Homeadvisor Rewards Program
rewards check scam
My $50 reward check
  • Home Advisor Website Scam
2.0

Update by user Jan 23, 2019

Update. After I posted my complaint, I received a call from Home Advisor wanting more information.

i relayed all the conversations I'd had and did not expect any resolution.I my surprise, almost 4 months of waiting.... I received my check today, January, 23, 2019.Thanks Pissedconsumer.com!!!

Original review posted by user Jan 10, 2019

I submitted 5 reviews to HomeAdvisor.com and was due a rewards check for $50. The check was approved for issue on 9/28/18.

I never received the check, I called on 11/15/18 to inquire why I had not received the check and was told by "Alex: that they would place a stop payment on it and reissue another one and I should expect to recieve it in 9 week.... Well 9 weeks later NO CHECK. I called again today, 01/10/19 and Alex told me that I would now have to call their fulfillment center to request ANOTHER REPLACEMENT CHECK.

She had done all that she could do. So I called and spoke to "Cathy" who says she'll send through a request to find out what happened to the original check because she didn't see a request for a second check and now I have to wait another 9 weeks to probable be told the same lies all over again!!

Don't use this company!!!