Reply by Homeadvisor

Hi Reg, We're sorry to hear this, we take your ability to rate and review our pros very seriously. Among other reasons, we do this because the most helpful feedback for homeowners when making a hiring decision are those ratings that are regarding the actual work the company performed. If we find a pro has a lot of negative feedback, we do reserve the right to remove them from our network. Additionally, most companies take their online ratings very seriously so we verify these reviews to uphold the overall integrity of our them and to see if we are able to offer assistance. We're happy to answer any other questions or concerns you have about our reviews, please call Customer Care at 877-699-4736 or reach out to emailus@homeadvisor.com to speak with a rep. -HASupport
Author's

There is something not right about reviews on HomeAdvisor.It seems biased toward publishing positive reviews that favour their preferred providers and against negative reviews of those same providers.

Two recent examples support this view 1. I hired a company to install a gas BBQ. The company stood me up twice and did not return my calls. I wrote a scathing review regarding their professionalism.

Time went by and the review was not published. I contacted HomeAdvisor at which point I got a call to verify the review, which I did. More time went by and the review was still not published. I contacted HomeAdvisor again and was told that the review would not be published amongst those for the provider because they did not do any work for me.

Surely the reliability of a provider is an important consideration. So, this flaky provider retains a 4.5 rating in spite of lack of professionalism 2.

I hired a plumber and they did an excellent job so I rated them a 5.The review was published within a day as a verified review although no one contacted me to verify I would let you draw your own conclusions as to the evident bias towards publishing positive reviews of their providers but obstructing negative ones

Review about: Homeadvisor Review Listing.

Preferred solution: Publish my negative review as you would publish my positive one.

I didn't like: Do not publish verified negative reviews.

Had an Experience with Homeadvisor?