Reply by Homeadvisor

Hi Mike,

We're sorry to hear you had this experience. Your contact info is only sent to the pros you have matched with. We are unfortunately unable to completely remove your account from our system due to legal recordkeeping requirements. That said, you have been placed on our Do Not Call list per your conversation with a rep yesterday. If there is any further assistance we can offer, please call Customer Care at 877-699-4736.

-HASupport
Author's

I was looking for a contractor to do some work at my house. Signed up with home advisor and did not give my phone number on the form.

I used an old number that didn’t work however, noted contact by email only. Weeks went by with no response. So against my better judgement I added my real phone number. WHAT A MISTAKE!

Started getting phone calls from the scammers trying to get me to sign up for credit cards. Keeping in mind this did not start until I gave homeadvisor my real phone number. I’m my opinion, they are selling information or someone is hacking into their files getting customers information.

By the way I called home advisor and confronted them with this and asked to be removed from their records. You need a court order to do this!