Homeadvisor - Shoddy work, ripoff price

Update added by user Jul 20, 2015

The actual work was done in Westbrook, Maine by Mr. Handyman of Portland and not Sanford, ME York County - my mistake in filling out form. would not recommend this outfit at all.

Original review posted by user Jul 19, 2015

Handyman Service, Portland, Maine

I hired Tracy Hayes from Home Advisor (Portland, ME) to repair my deck as per the original deck design. I wanted pressure treated wood, I specified that special hardware/screws/nails had to be used w/pressure treated wood and I sent him a picture before he ever went over to look at the deck so he would know EXACTLY what I wanted. The deck is nothing like I asked for, the correct hardware was not used, regular nails were used and are already rusting. his 'TECHS' had to return numerous times to redo the job because it was such a mess, the access door under the deck was overlooked and not replaced, the lattice looked like it had been cut w/a chainsaw, the landing coming out on to the deck was less than half the size of the original landing and was a hazard to people falling from it. he then gave me what he said was the final bill and had charged me over and above the original estimate, which was the highest end of the graph that Home Advisor has on their site and because he didn't do ANYTHING that I requested he called his TECHS having to go back for 'ADD-ONS', they were not Add-ons, they had to go back to fix/redo, the sloppy, shoddy work that they rushed thru and expected me to pay for their lack of ethics and ability to build a simple deck. On 7/2/15 I met w/Tracy and had him add a middle stabilizer to the front and back stairs as they sagged when stepped on. deck boards are split, the front stair support is split, trim around the 4x4's is not pressure treated and is not secured; I can move it w/my hand. Nothing was done right and I got lies and excuses about everything. I did pay him but only the original estimate but on further inspection I’m finding more rusting of hardware. This deck is going to end up falling apart. I have all his emails, pictures of the disaster that was/is my deck; I want to talk/hear from someone at Home Advisors about this costly disaster. He should be ashamed of himself calling this a deck repair. It’s a deck disaster just waiting to rust away.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 6 Yes 6 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Jul 24, 2015 #1011514

We're sorry to hear that the contractor you were matched with did not complete your project in a way that met your expectations. You are more than welcome to provide feedback, a formal review, or a complaint against this company for public view on our directory. Please contact us at emailus@homeadvisor.com and we will be happy to work this issue as best we can and hopefully aid you in moving forward with this matter.
HA Support

1 4 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Homeadvisor. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Homeadvisor.
Filing a new complaint about